Why is the employee experience so important and what are the most common problems faced by companies?
During the last decade, companies such as Google, Amazon, Airbnb or Cabify have transformed the consumer experience as users of services in the personal field. Nowadays we cannot imagine a scenario where we cannot get personalized experiences with automated processes that provide us with what we need in a simple and fast way.
These experiences have marked us significantly, and the expectations in our work environment have changed, now as employees we expect the same experiences we receive in our personal lives at work.
Meanwhile, organizations and, specifically, human resources teams aspire to provide consumer-grade experiences to employees, but technology in the workplace has not kept pace with it. In short, a great gap has been created between the experience that our employees expect and what companies can offer them.
It must be clear that this goes much further than just providing a good user interface. The current consumer requires great experiences, such as:
- Quick and easy access to services.
- Personal information that describes options to make correct decisions.
- Step-by-step guides throughout the entire process that allow the user to know exactly what is needed at each moment.
- Allow access to help the process in which they are ensuring that is contextual and relevant.
- Automation of workflows involving the right people and roles at all times.
Every time an employee becomes a part of a company, he starts a journey. The journey of each employee can be different, with ups and downs, twists and turns, maybe even some bumps on the road, but the whole process will be full of important moments that will create the experience of the employee in that organization. Everything is important, solving a problem in the payment of your payroll, or more complex situations such as an incorporation, or maternity leave, each and every one of these moments are an opportunity for an organization to really differentiate itself by providing great service to its employees.
Once we are inside the work environment the story seems totally different. The technology that provides services to the employee has not kept pace with consumer services. Employees often feel that when they work, they have regressed in time. Generic tools such as an e-mail, sending information, spreadsheets, cumbersome and complicated filling forms, etc., are situations that happen day to day for employees in many companies.
Employees need HR for many reasons, such as updating benefit plans, understanding more about company policies, or requesting help for something specific like updating their address. For the vast majority of employees, these tasks represent their most frequent interaction with the HR department, so the experience that they receive has a direct impact on the reputation of HR throughout the company.
Unfortunately, for the employees, these moments have no facilities. Employees must navigate a maze of policies and procedures, different disconnected technologies, and communicate with different departments, which makes things that seem simple become complex and tedious. As we all know that complexity is the number one enemy of a great user experience.
The main problems that employees face could be summarized as follows:
- Not knowing where to find information about policies and procedures.
- Not knowing in which systems or with which departments they need to interact.
- If they have questions, they do not know who to ask or where to get help in the moment.
- When compared to the experience they have as consumers, it is no surprise that many employees ask themselves: "Why is this so difficult?”
What is ServiceNow HR Service Delivery and what benefits does it provide to companies?
HR Service Delivery is the module in charge of managing the Human Resources of the ServiceNow platform, improving the experience of employees and helping to eliminate frustration while increasing satisfaction through the consumption of the efficient and intelligent services.
The main benefits that HRSD provides are:
- Simplifying acces to Services: Increasing employee satisfaction by facilitating the request of services related to HR that employees need throughout their life cycle within the company.
- Improve HR productivity: Using fewer resources to serve more employees and minimizing the most repetitive task with workflows and management in an automated way.
- Streamline employee transitions: Managing events during the employee’s entire life cycle, from hiring to disengagement, and integrating all departments that participate in each related activity.
- Optimize the provision of Services: Improving the efficiency of HR staff and the provision of services with a clear vision of the details surrounding the requests of employees.
What are the main functionalities of HR Service Delivery?
The ServiceNow HR Service Delivery module includes the following capabilities:
- Case and Knowledge Management: It allows the standardization of the documentation, interaction and delivery of quires and/or requests of the employees, improving the efficiency of the HR staff, and facilitating the employees to obtain the services that they need.
- Employee Service Centre: Provides a single service centre for employees to find all the relevant information on HR, guidance on what steps to take at important times, and it follows up on cases when needed.
- Enterprise Onboarding and Transitions: Enables easy configuration and management of each important event within the life cycle of employees, connecting multiple departments of the company to a single platform. It also allows the automation of processes such as; incorporation, dismissal, relocation, promotion, discharge, illness, or any process that begins in HR, but extend to other departments (facilities, finances, legal ...), providing a fast and simple service that lets employees focus on their job.
- Employee Document Management: Facilitates the management of employee-related files, digitizing documents and allowing the configuration of access or viewing rules that guarantee compliance with corporate and / or legal regulations. The digitized management of employee documentation improves the efficiency and regulation of compliance, including the possibility of automatic purging or retention of documents that increase security and confidentiality.
Follow us in our community Silverstorm - Servicenow Spain / LATAM to be informed of the new ServiceNow trends in Spanish at: https://bit.ly/30ncYfI